What is Google Search Console?
The Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your website’s presence in Google Search results. You can use the Search Console to see how Google crawls and indexes your website and also know how search engines looking your website.
How to find out what keywords my site ranks for?
Here’s how to find out what keywords your website ranks for using the Google Search Console:
1) Sign into the Google Search Console with your Google account.
Sign-in Link: https://search.google.com/search-console
2) Click on the website where you want to view it.
3) In the left-hand sidebar, click on “performance,” and then filter “countries” if needed
4) Now you can check the impression where you can get a clear idea of what keywords your website ranks for. Also, you can get the keyword search volume and performance data here.
Keyword rankings – Why are they important?
Keyword rankings are important for several reasons:
- Visibility: Keyword rankings help improve the visibility of a website or webpage in search engine results pages (SERPs). When a website ranks higher for a specific keyword, it is more likely to attract more clicks and generate more traffic.
- Traffic: Higher rankings can lead to increased traffic to a website, which can result in more leads, sales, and revenue.
- Competition: Keyword rankings can provide insights into how a website is performing in comparison to its competitors. If a website is ranking lower than its competitors for specific keywords, it can use this information to improve its SEO strategy and improve its rankings.
- Performance measurement: Keyword rankings can be used to measure the success of an SEO campaign. By tracking changes in rankings over time, website owners can determine whether their SEO efforts are paying off or if they need. Hence you came to know whether you need to change the strategy or not.
Try Free Keyword Rank Checker Tools
There are also a number of free keyword rank checker tools that you can use to find out what keywords your website is ranking for. These tools will show you where your website ranks in Google search results for a given keyword. Some of the best free keyword rank checker tools include:
1) Small SEO Tools
3) Rank Tracker
Once you have access to one of these tools, you can enter your website’s URL and get a report of the keywords it is currently ranking for. From there, you can analyze the data to identify opportunities to optimize your site’s content and improve its rankings for relevant keywords.